Dustin G. Hoffman joined Westfall Sellers as an Associate Attorney in 2023. Dustin grew up in the San Antonio and Houston areas. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree from Texas A&M University in College Station before moving to Fort Worth, where he attended Texas A&M University School of Law. There, he was selected to be a member of the law school’s Honor Council and made the academic Dean’s List several times. In 2020, Dustin earned his J.D. with a concentration in criminal law, justice, and policy.
During law school, Dustin interned for a prosecutor’s office, for the Federal Public Defender’s Fort Worth office, and clerked for Westfall Sellers through several semesters and summers. During his legal internships, Dustin was able to work on many different types of criminal cases at different stages, from first-time DWIs (at trial and on direct appeal) to capital murders and post-conviction habeas corpus investigations.
After earning his Texas law license, Dustin sought out trial experience. But he bucked the typical trend of starting out in a DA’s office — prosecuting accused citizens just isn’t in his blood. Instead, he joined a large criminal defense firm where he racked up countless courtroom hours. There, he advocated for clients accused of DWI, assault, family violence, theft, and drug possession through all phases of the case, up to and including several jury trials. In his second year of practice, Dustin was selected to attend the 45th Annual Tim Evans Texas Criminal Trial College, where he gained valuable trial-skills insight from seasoned trial lawyers. During his first two years of practicing law, Dustin learned creative ways to aggressively represent and defend his clients’ interests; he also developed important trial skills like communicating with juries and taking control in the courtroom.
Dustin met his wife, Sarah Hoffman, in law school. Outside of work, Dustin enjoys spending time with Sarah and their friends. He also likes to hunt, fish, play golf, watch baseball, and read.
Areas of Practice
- State and Federal criminal litigation
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- All Texas State Courts
- Texas A&M University School of Law, Fort Worth, Texas — J.D. 2020
- Concentration in Criminal Law, Justice, and Policy
- Dean’s List: Fall 2018, Spring 2019, Fall 2019
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas — B.S. 2015
- Trial Attorney, Dunham & Jones, Attorneys at Law P.C., Fort Worth, Texas (2021–2022)
- 45th Annual Tim Evans Texas Criminal Trial College, Huntsville, Texas (March 2022)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association
- Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association
- State Bar of Texas, Criminal Law Section
- Texas Bar College
Voice for the Defense, How to Fix a Blood Warrant Scandal(May 13, 2020) (law student/clerk credit).
Voice for the Defense, 2019’s Need-to-Know Changes to DWI Law (Nov. 18, 2019) (law student/clerk credit).
Why Choose Westfall Sellers?
- Trial-tested experience
- Free initial case consultation
- In-house investigation services
- Agile, dedicated team
- Award Winning Law Firm
Get Help Now
You only get one shot at this.
Call or message us today.
817-928-4222 Schedule Consultation